Mainland China, OMR: Review

 Never fancied Chinese food. But went along quite happily with the team to eat  not-so-exciting Chinese food at Mainland China's (MC) OMR branch. 

I consider myself a foodie and ensure my taste buds do not die off due to lack of different tastes. The husband and I are not exactly connoisseurs of good food, but do eat out often and relish well prepared food. I had half a mind to take hubby out to MC, but after today's fare, I am not too keen to do that. 

The food is strictly ok, nothing to write home about. I have had better Chinese food in road-side stalls. I tasted all the starters and trust me, they tasted the same. I am a vegetarian and did not feel it was worth so much money. The buffet costs INR 600/- and the food leaves a lot to crave for. 

What I didn't like about the starters: they left a bitter aftertaste of corn flour and Ajinomoto. I was wondering if there was any other spice other than corn flour and MSG. Bah! 

If I had a choice, I would not venture anywhere near MC ever again. Sigh! 

   

Comments

  1. Oh my my....poor veggie baby! I swear by MC, dearie, esp the alwarpet one; their chicken dumplings, some chicken and peanuts, mutton slivers, and why, even their prawns and fish are something to die for! Even as i type this, am having this surreal craving for MC food and its ambiance...the husband and I love MC, alwarpet. Am so sorry to see you have such a bad exp, but i guess that's the problem with veg khana...I love veg spreads only in sangeetha and other traditionally veggie places.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully

    I can add you and follow.



    Good Restaurants in OMR Road

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts