My tryst with low back pain

As far as I can remember, I seemed to have back pain. I always ended up spending money and energy to get healed. Well, I wasn't even anywhere close to getting healed. I know that I had to exercise and eat healthy food. Knowledge is there, available, but I tend to ignore the wisdom. And suffer. Each time.

This time, I am smarter. I have decided to follow a motto.
'If you don't mind, it won't matter.'

I keep repeating this to myself. Each time the twitch, the burning pain, the stiffness appears, I repeat this. I keep reminding myself, this will pass. I have abused my body, I am getting punished.

This time, I am sure, I will resurface, stronger than ever. If I have to move on to better stuff in life, I need to have a stronger body, a healthy body. I cannot fight my battles with a fractured soul and a battered spine.

 Today, I decided to return to my original state of living on raw vegetables and fruits. Returning to the natural way of living. This is the most natural way to be. Instead I had been filling myself with meat, cheese, processed foods of all shapes and sizes, overstuffing myself, many a times.

Today, I am in a lot of pain. I can't move without wincing. The auto ride in the morning was a disaster. I cried out loud, scaring the driver.

The day went by somehow. Sneezing puts so much pressure on the spine, I didn't know. I don't sneeze, when I have back pain. It has been almost 2 months now, since the pain surfaced.

In the afternoon, I had a smoothie: Carrots, Apples, and Ginger. It was so amazing in taste. I am going to feed myself nutritious food and lighten my body's toxin load.

Tonight, it is going to be some more salad. I know the pain will go away when I treat my body with respect.  

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Nithya,
    Please google "Vijay Sarvottam" he is an absolute magician with accupressure , so hard to get an appointment with him but once he signs you up ...trust me , pain will be history ...pardon my eagerness to push free advice ...he knows me personally as well ...email me at whichmanish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts