Feb 19: Turning a prettier 39! Yaay!




I turned 39 today. A year short of a glorious 40. 
In the last year, I have seen many ups and downs. 

Mostly because of men/man. 

Grey hair has started sprouting abundantly everywhere on my head. 
I do what all the other glorious women in this age group do: donate money to Loreal and paint it! I wish I could color it blue, but it ain't the corporate color yet, so can't attempt such silliness. 

My mom was also born today. How? 

Well, when I was born, she became a mom, right? So, she was born/re-born. 
I am in a very overloaded emo mood. 

All these years, like a complete fucking chut, I kept lying awake, wishing people on their birthdays. Except 2 sweet women, none, (exceptions are there, who all I can forgive) wished me. I was expecting one person to wish me. Nada. Nothing. I do not exist. Maybe, I deserve this shit, you know. Sidelines. Crap. 

No, I don't. I am a fine person, I am pretty, educated, cultured and yes, I have a mind of my own. Why the fuck should I get all emo and wonder why no chut was up and awake to wish me. 

I know, I must sound like a total jerk to be sitting at my dining table, while my laptop chugs at the charger, typing my frustration away furiously, especially, when the time in the clock is 01:20 AM!

I should be happily snuggled in bed, dreaming. 

Life is pretty strange you know. 

I just realized that a guy I was chatting with shares my day of birth. Freaking crazy life this is! 

The room mate walked out grumpily and shook hands with me and said with a dour face, "Many happy returns", I didnt even bother to see his face. I returned the limp handshake with a limper one. Damn! I can be nasty too, I am a master at all this. 


I need to shake off this need to cling. 

I have been successful in keeping my fingers and emo in tight control. I will come out of all this a better product. I need to figure out how best to deal with all this crap that has hit the ceiling. 

I wrote some silly intents today on a piece of paper. I felt really emo at that time. Now, after a particular incident, I feel silly. What am I even wishing for? I should probably be wishing or intending to receive other blessings. Not such crappy shit. Anyway, I will learn. I have my mum, I have my dad. For them, I am the best thing that happened. I also have a few well-meaning babes who keep me sane. Mmmuah to them! 

I have other people who may care about my welfare when their cylinders are full and life gets monotonous. 

I have learnt a hard lesson. Never ever waste good money on fools. It is never worth it. Cheap and classless people can never ever measure up. 

Enough of ranting. I need to catch my bus tomorrow. Let me catch a few winks. 
  

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts