Book Review #1: The Present - By Spencer Johnson M.D.

The Present - Book Review
The Present tackles issues that take us, mere mortals, by our horns.
The book is actually an eye-opener on the fact that we, all of us, spend our lives, pondering over petty things, or big things, that never happened in the Past or might happen in the Future. According to the book, our life is like a camera placed on a tripod. The three legs of the tripod represent:
The Present
The Past &
The Future
While it is important that we never forget the past, it is also important that we do not make ourselves sick by worrying about the unknown Future and the long-gone Past. The Present that any person can get is to live in the Present moment, cherish the Present moment. 'Coz the Present moment after a while will become the Past.
How True!
I always do these mistakes myself. It was like a slap on my face when I read these words. I brood over the Past and think about the mistakes I did and cry over spilt milk. However what I should do is I should live in the Present, live for the Present wholly and completely and not waste the moment that is NOW!
I have fought and argued with R about things that he DID! but while I was doing I missed the small gestures that he was DOING in the Present. I then again brooded over the good things, again ruining yet another Present. Then when it became Past, I thought I would never ruin another Future, but here I was ruining another Present.
So here is the review:
The Present is about being Present in the Present and treating it as a Present. Live for the moment and plan for the future so that the Future is no more scary and uncertain. This should be done after learning from any mistakes done in the Past. Learn from mistakes done in the Past and forget them. Also if possible forgive people who were involved in the Past. This helps you to lessen your burden and you tend to carry a lighter load on your Back Heart Chakra!
In the long run you save yourself a couple of thousand dollars in Doctor's bills. Do yourself a help. Read the Present and pass it on to people you care about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts