Chinna Aunty Periya Aunty ala` Chinna Papa Periya Papa

The blog title might look a bit local but the content I am going to write is certainly not.
This thing has happened to many of us and happens everywhere, irrespective of the industry and fields. An omnipresent phenomenon... I choose to add humor to this and I am naming my perpetrators,

Chinna Aunty and
Periya Aunty

For the non-Tamils, this literally means

Small Aunty and
Big Aunty

{Chinna Papa and Periya Papa is a sordid tale of a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law pair that wrecks havoc on poor unsuspecting audience!}

My sordid saga, starts at this place called Jivraj Palace...My work place...OK I have changed the name..so that I dont end up paying moolah to any idiot who chooses to feel bad that I let their secrets out in a public blog!
For God's sake, whatever happened to words like Friendship, forever friends and honesty etc...

Are they simply words and should remain within the confines of a dictionary? Well well, by the looks of it, certainly seems that the world as I have seen it doesnt seem to be the same cool place anymore. People tend to take others for granted, but dont they feel that the pain if they undergo the same thing???

Why be so malicious when all they have to do is smile and say, can you please....or even...say Sorry for their malicious stab-in-the-back unpardonable deeds. Why try to act normal when they have done all the harm they can do. Why?

Is the grade that would eventually be entered into the monster called as a KRA KPI mean so much to them than a lifelong relation with another human being? Or am I living in an ideal world? Maybe the latter is true.
Maybe.....

Well, the concept of Small Aunty and Big Aunty took root when playfully I started calling the demon who comes in my nightmares as Aunty. Well, in my dictionary, Aunty is a derogatory word and I use it as an abuse. Similarly for Uncle. A guy I dont like would eventually be called an Uncle, irrespective of his age!

OK...So Ms. Chinna Aunty, simply to uppp her KRA KPIs and aiming for a promotion, started acting smart. This had been going on for a while, but I being in my cool, piscean waters, never noticed the attitudinal change in Big Aunty. She is born rude, but her rudeness increased a notch higher when she saw my pretty face. I failed to understand why her polite demeanour has to fly from the confines of the building, when she sees me... Maybe..she is born with it...hahahahah {Maybe-line ; ) }

Big aunty wanted an ally who would bend and be servient to her, and be at her beck and call. Always. Well Chinna aunty fitted the bill perfectly. Didnt she..She did, coz all the parameters matched perfectly. Big Aunty had told Chinna Aunty that she was going to remove me and my neighbor from the project and install (ok ok so I m into software..) chinna aunty in our place. As if...

ok..so even at that time I could have got my antennae high and tried to understand the undercurrents running through the duo. I failed to do so. So I suffered. Being shouted at, and having to hear all sorts of nonsense from a crazed woman who doesnt know the difference between Philip Kotler and a storybook!

I have lost the warmth that surrounded my thoughts as I thought about my friend, who is in his/her own words, a "ditcher." I am very careful nowadays in opening my darned mouth before anybody, except a baby (ok dear, I am sorry!) who I feel is a bit trustworthy.

Well, being a friend to my friend, who didnt have the gall to stand up to her/his folly and face my wrath. MY friend kept throwing discerning glances at me and trying to gauge the level of damage done...But I will never forget and never ever forgive. If shaking a HIP to somebody's tune is greater than a friend, so be it...I have only this to say...

"Every dog has its day"

Comments

  1. Exactly...The shortest R2 ever received..

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts