Eyes Age Too - A Reason To Wooo

This is a true incident narrated by my friend when she went on a Blind Date! Read on....

Saw the movie with err a friend. A friend who was close, but not so close, with me! Why I went, I dunno, but this is a question even my best friend, the lady with the eliminator is trying to figure out. The movie had already started when we went in. The animals in question were having a meet in their icy homeland and planning to migrate towards land.

I had gone to Rendezvous to see the movie but my companion err had other not-so-icy ideas for the duration of the movie. Probably because of the fact that English was still a phoren language for people be-longing to a certain community . As my wise big friend told me (predicted) that my companion would be far far away from the dialogues, I had scoffed at her. But after I laughed at a joke and my friend was looking slightly lost, i decided that my big friend was, after all correct. She usually is. I am slightly impulsive and tend to do whatever I want to, and not listen to other-wise people. Well, this date, had a profound effect on me and I decided not to entertain other-wise people and NOT to go again, anywhere, there would be a hint of less intellectual conversation.

My companion had some good ideas when it came to eateries, and we went to one of my favorite places - Wangs Kitchen. This place has an attached bar and the alcohol in my friend's blood started crying for more. Give me more!! Give me more!!

But I said, no. Please excuse me, I am not game for this. My friend said fine. As you say. I was relieved, coz I was not prepared to manage any drunken revelations! I was anyway racking my brain to find excuses to shorten the eating programme (UN effect?) and run home to my coccoon :)

My wish was fulfilled, after some fifteen minutes when I showed my friend an sms that my very dear mother had sent. Well, sometimes her messages have an amazing sense of timing. This one had the desired effect (Actually I had sent an SOS to my mum a while ago in my mother tongue and had expected the reply, which arrived!). I ran away. Before zooming away, I tried to garner a bit of decency and offered a lift back home, with some trepidation, which my friend accepted immediately! :(

Err, my friend is a bit on the taller (!) side and this posed a problem, while I navigated the narrow streets of Chennai. I stopped near my friend's house and said goodbye. My friend so very graciously invited me inside (well, for very obvious reasons!) but I declined, saying I really had to get going, and that I was such a nice-scared-of-mum type gal. LOL LOL We split and I reached home and while I was waiting near my workplace signal, I got a call on my cellular from 1. It seems 1 had been browsing and had encountered some boredom problems, so he needed my assistance. I accelerated and reached the Iway in no time. I was looking forward to see him.

In the whole day, that 1 hour I spent with my very dear mate was the thing that made my day. I had not been able to meet him for some time now and this was becoming irritating for me, which had prodded me to check out my new err..friend. I regretted the decision. My mate was anyday the best one! I could go without watching a single movie rather getting tortured with such a dour partner. My heart sang when my day ended the way I loved it to. :)

Comments

  1. Umm...I think you had a worst nightmare watching that eeycee move...I hope you should have shown your eeceeyyy part to your err frined so that he doesnt even turn back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:46 PM

    hmm.. so even movies seem to have started to predict! wow! all's well that ends well naa..? :)
    i am happy for you.

    btw, what happened to the theory on withcraft?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Hmmm... this only goes to show that you need to choose your friends, and also your companions for the right kind of a movie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. sunshine..

    thnx a lot...for the advice u gave dee..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts