The Odd Churning

It happens many times. The sharp twinge, a small pull. I ignore it most often. It does not go away, remains stoic and strong.

The storm that follows is nothing compared to anything I have seen. It is always like this. A tempest of emotions. I am talking about words. A famous man once sang, 'Its only words, words are all I have, to take your heart away.'

When I sit down at my desk to write, I have this feeling of being in the eye of the storm. When I have this urge, I have to succumb to it, give in, write something. This post is also born of that urge, that hunger to see my writing, onscreen or off it.

Life comes to a standstill. I cant hear  anything.

Last evening, while I was walking, I tried something new.

Usually, my mind goes on chattering and keeps churning up ideas in a staccato style.

I stopped, took a deep breath and decided to stop it. Do something different. The chattering did not die down immediately. It took a while. But eventually, my mind stopped thinking random mundane stuff and deliberated on the futility of exaggerating mind control techniques.  

I reached home. People were talking but for the past 30 minutes or so, the usual chatter was missing. It was kind of spooky at first but I did find it interesting.

I want to find out if I can train myself to switch ON and OFF the demon called 'Writer's Block.'

Kudos to my efforts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts