Book Review # 3: 'The Krishna Key' by Ashwin Sanghi

The name Ashwin Sanghi didn't ring any bell when I picked up 'Chanakya's Chant' from a library. I read the synopsis and got hooked on to the book. I got the book home and read the first few pages with a mix of skepticism and mistrust. I finished the book in a few hours. I felt exhausted and exhilarated.

I kept pondering about the story, did some research on the author, Shawn Haigins aka Ashwin Sanghi, located his Web profile and left him a note. That was a few months ago.

I am a fan of Ashwin's writing now. I located 'The Rozabal Line' and bought a copy. When I came upon the opportunity to review his next book, 'The Krishna Key' I was super thrilled and jumped at it. I have the copy with me and loved reading every page.

After reading two pages, I put down the book and gathered my thoughts. I was kind of distracted with mundane stuff and I wanted to engage all my faculties while reading the book. I sat down with the book again when I was feeling better. The trauma of Anil's murder shook me, Ashwin has described the murder well. I was kind of expecting Anil to be a good looking man, but the physical description surprised me a bit.

I got caught up very soon in the adventures of Ravi and Priya as they run from 'Sniffer Singh' and try to unearth the killer's identity before the killer, Taarak Vakil found them. I thought the portions where Taarak reaches Bhojraj's ship before Ravi, seemed a bit hasty. Brought up on films as a staple diet, I somehow imagined Ravi to be the savior. But, alas, Bhojraj also fell prey to Taarak. I found the story quite gripping, but I was kind of left wondering why the four men had to be killed. Didnt go down too well. :(

I liked the ending, and I had guessed it when I reached Agra along with Ravi and Radhika.

Another point that makes Ashwin's writing sparkle is the extensive research. I found it very easy to visualize the events as they unfolded. I have a deep interest in the excavated remains of Dwaraka and the tenth avatar of Vishnu, Kalki avatar, so I was very curious to see what Ashwin had to say.

'The Krishna Key' is a fast paced thriller and takes you on a whirlwind tour of the eras gone by. Somewhere, this book is also India's answer to books such as Angels and Demons that try to unravel the mysteries of Mary Magdalene and Jesus. 'The Krishna Key' is an attempt to unravel the mysteries surrounding the unearthing of the mystical Dwaraka.

If you have an interest in reading about mythology and ancient history, do pick up 'The Krishna Key.'

     


This review is a part of the Book Reviews Program at BlogAdda.com. Participate now to get free books!


Comments

  1. hmm...hope to read it soon :) Hey, check out my blog: http://bharathionthenet.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure dear. :) I had it saved. When i moved to Chrome, I lost my favs. :( thanks for sharing, keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts