Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Found some time to write about this finally!

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) is a condition that affect the wrist of people who perform repetitive tasks such as typing, driving, or writing. Most often, computer users are known to suffer from this condition.

Last week, I experienced a debilitating pain in both my wrists and thought I was coming down with Arthritis. But, Google threw up some interesting: CTS!

Presumably, it had everything to do with the way I was using my wrists and the way I was typing on my keyboard. Well, I surely had not thought of ergonomics while posting on my blog or writing my first book, or even doing my freelance work. Life is tough.

So, the only remedy that the website claimed was foolproof was rest, lots of it. I had to keep my wrists stable and as much as possible straight. Is it possible for a writer to keep her wrists straight? Nah!

I try my best to use my hands alternately; I even tried driving with my left hand and succeeded. The best experiment was to make dough with my left hand. Oh, by the way, did I tell you, I am ambidextrous. I can use both my hands equally well. Writing with my left hand is a bit slow but I can write legible stuff.

Coming back to CTS, now my wrists are less painful and I am a happier writer. :)

so, If you feel some pain in your wrists, spray some pain spray and stay put. Use your other hand and as much as possible keep your wrists straight. Oh, I forgot, do use the stress balls to exercise your hands, they works wonders on tired palms and wrists. The stress balls strengthen the muscles joining the wrist and the hand.

Don't let CTS pull you down, fight it.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts