Fear

I step out of my house in trepidation.
Fear lurks closeby. Fear. A foreign emotion.
I cover my shoulders lest I attract unwanted attention.
I walk with my head bent low. I Fear my bowed head will touch the ground and I will become one with the sand and dust. 
I Fear. 
I Fear to look into the eyes of the leering eyes of the autowallah standing outside my door. 
I Fear that a stray gust will blow my dress too close to my body and show off my shape. I Fear that I will attract unwanted attention. 
I Fear that I will provoke a 'red-blooded' man. 
I Fear that I will be shown my place. 
I Fear that I will have to eventually resort to wearing a Burkkha and step out only with a man. 
I Fear Men. 
I Fear...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts