Sahastradhara Ki Yatra

On July 9, I reached the Sahastradhara HQ. The building is standing in the middle of a highway. Many  vehicles ply but none stop in front of this place. Wonder why someone would select a place like this. I would have chosen a place that was well connected and more busy. Anyway, this is also nice, in its own way. 
Here is a long shot of the HQ building. So, there are guest rooms on the top floor, which are decently furnished. I could have actually taken a room here, instead of blowing up 5k on that room. But then I had a genuine need too. I loved the stay at Padmini Palace too. 
I took off from Dehradun on July 11. I refused any company and decided to reach my venue alone. I took a share auto from Doon, paid some 20 rupees and reached Rishikesh, then took a share jeep and reached Chamba in 2 hours, spent 100 rupees. At Chamba, I got some help from Jeetendra ji, an RM at Sahastradhara KGFS and I got myself booked into Gautam Residency. It is a decent hotel and popular with IFMR people. Here is how the view from my hotel room looks like.      
Another view, the flags gently flapping in the wind. Evenings it is quite breezy and slightly cold. Though it still doesn't require a sweater.   

The Restaurant. 
July 12, 6:30 pm, I decided  to take a walk on the Mussoorie road. Took some pictures. There is a fire burning in the distance, but it seems as if there is a trail of smoke/mist rising. Pictures do not do justice to the beauty of this place.      



The mist is beginning to come in.









Comments

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Nithya ,
    First, Great to see you blogging again, whatever the reason was .....
    Second, enjoy your doon trip ...between Dehradoon and Mussorie , there is a ramkrishna ashram at Rajpura , do visit, has an old world charm .
    Do relish the caramel chewys and freshly baked tarts at some of the bakeries towards the top end of Rajpur Road ....
    Stay Blessed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, will do. I have not been blogging as you can see that I have been backpacking and traveling a lot. Will return to blogging often when I am back.

    Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts