Cutting out deadwood

I am back to romancing my blog. I am sorry I was away for a long time. I should have kept in touch. I treated you also as deadwood. 

You know what deadwood is? Wood that dies, rots and cannot grow roots. It must be chopped off at the right time, else it infects the entire tree. 

Likewise, in life, we have several such people, relations that are no longer useful. These people and relations need to be cut off at the right time, else they become like an infected wound. 

These can come into your life masquerading as friends, they will say things that make you reach out to them, then when you are stuck in their emotional melodramas, they suck you in, slowly, oh so slowly, into their web of deceit and hatred. 

Helen was one such woman. Always a cynic. An atheist. I loved her bindaas attitude, when I first met her. I thought it was cool to question each and every ritual practiced by our forefathers, cool to ask questions, cool to just, rebel. 

I was so far gone that by the time I realized I had views of my own and I was very fixated on my views. I knew my views were right, I knew the facts and I had formed my opinions based on them. Why did I have to be apologetic for my opinions, I was unsure. Stumped, I was totally. 

Then, the "friend" told me about the human leeches. People who come into your life only to suck your life force from you and leave you when you are dead or become a zombie. 

Helen was one such leech. She fed on me, and my insecurities for so long, it was like having a relation with a vampire. I loved the feeding, at some point, I felt guilty of having joy in my life and even when I laughed. I would feel guilty If I had a good time with the husband. I would look for reasons to fight with him, mentally quoting reasons forced on me by Helen. 

One fine day, I chopped her off. Helen was history. The leech had to find another tree to suck. 

I am free. I am living my life without guilt. I laugh without having to give a reason to anyone.                          

    

    

Comments

  1. Great to see you back on blogs ....and even more determined ...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts