A short story

A soft knock on the door made us look up. A soft voice asked, 'May I'? 
We said in chorus, 'Yea'.

The door opened slowly and a face peered in. 

I saw the glasses first, then the eyes...I lowered my glance, the mouth came into view. He was gorgeous. A sweet enveloping smile on his lips, he walked in, and extended his right hand, 'Hey, I am Ravi.' 

The smile killed me, piercing my heart. Suddenly my hand refused to cooperate. My friend extended her hand and he took it, still looking at me, a quick curiosity crossing his eyes. I shook myself out of the reverie and extended my hand and gave a quick handshake. His hands were soft yet very masculine. The tingle made me look up. He was looking at me with open curiosity. And smiling. 

My mind screamed, 'stop smiling, I will die!' 

The next few hours flew by. I had no idea what happened. I understood that we had discussed some very serious topics. I had no clue, what they were. All I could recall were the eyes and the lips which parted now and then to reveal slightly crooked but cute teeth. The eyes which never left my face, searching my eyes, asking innumerable questions. I felt drawn, slowly, then fast, into his soul. In a few hours, I knew him totally but we had not spoken about anything beyond the topic. 

When my friend went for a bio break, he switched seats and sat next to me. My heart beat increased several fold till I could not breathe normally. I had never ever felt like this with any other man. This guy had a devastating effect on me. And a light brush of his hand when he tried to connect the laptop charger sent my mind into one irreversible tizzy. 

I spent an entire month with him, in mindless discussions, wherein my heart was somewhere else, and my mind going over the drone of meaningless words. I knew intuitively that he was in the same position as I. After two weeks of flirting and innuendos, we kissed. Like nothing else could have mattered. Nobody existed. His lips sealed on mine, conquering every cell, every crevice, discovering new areas, drowned in sinful pleasure, we lost track of time. 

Love does happen twice. I fell in love, hard. I remain....in love. I was floating...there was water everywhere...cool water lapped on my face. Suddenly, my eyes flew open!    

A splash of ice cold water, hit my skin hard and woke me up. Water dripped off the bedsheet, which clung to my bed and my body. My mother stood over me, with a now empty mug, glaring at me for sleeping till 10. Realities bite! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts