The Importance of Being Earnest

The title refers not to the famous play by Oscar Wilde, but to the thought behind everyday struggles. It is important, many a times very important to show your eagerness, to participate, to engage and to, just be there. 

The past few months, to put it succinctly, have been tumultuous. I went through many ups and downs and most of the times, came out of situations, with hands burnt but soul gleaming. I realized then that, the most important thing was to be earnest even during trying times. 

When I say earnest, I mean being eager to absorb life lessons and experiences through each pore of your body and not only through the five senses. It is imperative that we take these life lessons seriously and ensure the moral stays with us, throughout our lives. 

When we lose track of the essence, of the moral of the struggle, the whole effort of being in the challenge goes down the drain. Every life lesson is like a brick that adds to the strength of our life's wall. 

In the last few months, I met very different people, different from me, my ideologies. An interesting yet disastrous person I bumped into is:

The Water bearer

What differentiates him from others I have known all my life is the way he approaches life and its complexities. To say, the Aquarian seeker in me arose and wanted to understand the various layers of the guy. I did try poking and probing and finally when the real self revealed, I was mighty upset, I had certainly expected a lot more. What's with the name, you might ask. It is just a metaphor to identify yet not reveal the identity of the person in question. 
He carries with him the trademark of a true Aquarian, detachment and selfishness.    

Was very happy when I bid adieu to this person and wished I never had to lay eyes on him again. Phew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts