Blogathon: March 18, 2017 | Stress

I am stressed today. Last year was very stressful but I learnt some great lessons as well. So, on an average, it evened out.  

I was overthinking and upping my blood pressure. I knew how to react, be positive, remain calm, and manage my emotional distress.

Personally, last year was a mess. It took a huge toll. I was unable to extricate myself from the abyss. I kept getting pulled into it. After some struggle, I let go. I saw no point in struggling. The more I struggled, the more I got pulled into this quagmire. 

I hit rock bottom and stayed there for a while. Like a humungous ship with a deadweight tied around its neck, I remained at the bottom of the sea. I went through the usual motions like a zombie, the distress and sorrow taking roots in my psyche and snuffing my life out. I almost gave up. Almost gave in.

Then, one fine day, something happened and I sat up and decided to start living. Decided to snatch back my life. I slowly built my life, brick by brick. Each day, each moment, each second, I worked hard. Built my confidence, my esteem, and sewed up my shattered emotional self. After a year, I am proud of what I have achieved. I have walked, staggered sometimes, but surely walked ahead. I know there are gaps, but I have come a long way. 

So, why am I stressed today? I feel that I am slipping back into that quagmire. But, I know, I can pull myself back. I will. I have.       

Comments

  1. Whenever you have such a feeling just remember that 'you are not born to die like this'...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts