Blogathon: March 20, 2017 | On handling Lemons

Today, had a very interesting conversation with a person I have known for many years. She is my well-wisher. I really like and respect her.


[Umm, I confess, I edited the above sentence, twice!]


She said, why are you wasting your precious time pursuing something that isn't worth even a dime? Why don't you invest your time and energy on something that enriches your life and your thoughts.


I took her advise pretty seriously. I sat down with a hot cuppa and pondered. Of late, I have caught myself getting into this introspective mode often.


Lemons: Ever handled lemons in life? I have. Extensive experience in handling lemons. Not being sarcastic or anything. Just plain speak, the way only I can do.
I have been thrust with many such lessons [unwilling participant] at various stages in my life. I have reached a  stage in my life where I am unable to make any more lemon juice. Pun fully intended. I want to keep myself financially viable by doing something I am good at and not try to achieve something that is not even remotely my cup of tea. But, earning pots of money can never be my goal in such a case. Let us see how things pan out.


Till then, ciao blog.


I am a fighter, and I will come out of this, blazing. 




Comments

  1. Liking and respecting someone can be fine. But that doesn't mean we subscribe to their thoughts and opinions. However, lemons are lemons after all. If we can't deal with them, better to throw them away from our heads (not sure if we can throw them away from our lives?!) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lemons, which stay with us, stuck with glue. Can't wish them away. These lemons, I think can be just used as show pieces for your new shelf or you can make lemonade. But, as a thinking adult, I think we can understand which lemons need to be kept and which thrown away. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts