The state of being Jobless

From dust we rise and to dust we return, some great man said!

Corporates we serve and like corporates we become, is my version.

I quit my day job. One fine day, I could not take it anymore and I just quit. The woman who used to be my Manager was thrilled beyond explanation and accepted my resignation before I could spell my name. Sigh! So much for slogging away at that place. Anyway.

So, I have been without an identity tag for a couple of months now. I feel free. I am not required to say 'yes mam no mam' to any woman or man. Is it good? I don't know. End of the day, I do not have the pressure to reach some place by a particular time with bated breath and wait for the other person's impression to fuck my life. I am beyond caring now. I am in a stage of my life where I just want to do what I please and how I please.   

My days start with the bell. The calling bell which announces the arrival of The Bai, Madame Krishnaveni. She moves around like a broom on fire and leaves after 45 minutes or so. She demands her cuppa, which I offer, grudgingly on most days, under the watchful eyes of the DH.

Then I force my rigid muscles into easy-but-difficult-for-me yoga postures and try to hold each pose at least for a few seconds and feel like a ninja, already. Sigh, that done, it is time for a cup of coffee. Nowadays, after a few thousand articles flew into my brain from my FB newsfeed, I started adding coconut oil to my coffee. I do not know the effects, not yet at least. Will perhaps have to wait and watch.

Then I do the usual ghar ka kaam for the next hour or so and please the gods with my bell and the incense stick. My laptop is ready and then I chug away, working on some odd freelance work. The money is nothing compared to the pots (LOL..ROFL) of money that I presumably used to earn, but it is good money.

Oh yes, I have started walking. When I started walking initially, my legs gave up on me and my body went on strike. My brain prevailed and I stuck to my routine. Thirty minutes and a brisk one at that. Life went on, 2 weeks, I am finding it much easier to keep the pace and keep up the time. Now, I walk for an hour. I like to go to the beach. I like looking at people, odd people, couples, the madman who walks like he is in a marathon, the girl who sells chips on the beach, the bored policewoman yearning for some company and so many more. They keep me company while I wage my silent war against my accumulated fat. I do chew on memories while walking, but most often I succeed in pushing bad ones out and relish the good ones. I use these good moments to bring up the happy hormones.  

When I return, it is ghar ka kaam again for the next two hours. After food, it is work time again, till about 1 am. Then good night world!
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts