The Pain

This pain. 
Searing through my mind, my brain, my heart, my cells. 
Scorching and unrepenting, sucking the life force out of me. 
It suffocates, holds me captive. 
I turn around to see the source of my distress. 
Inky blackness around. 
I close my eyes once, willing this to vanish. 
It remains, grinning devilishly. 
This pain. 

Wind knocked out from the body. 
Eyes poured in. 
Mind chilled with the intensity of an arctic storm. 
Heart gouged out from its place. 
What you achieve with one gaze
Strong enough to cause tsunamis
Light enough to float a feather
This pain. 

I bear it all in good grace
Grin and carry on with my head held high
Not to be knocked down by you
Not to be razen again. Again. 
This pain. 

Time is a great healer, they said. 
Time ran a smooth hand on my wounds, softening the blow you gave. 
I stood up, dusted myself, built myself.
You tore it all down, with just a gaze. The pain, that rushed into my cells. 
The pain. Of hurt, of terror, of heartbreak, of sorrow, of being pulled apart. 

Only thing remains is the pain. 
The pain. 
Which refuses to go away now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Being All Parts

My Debut Novel: Legal Bond