Silver Linings Playbook (2012): A Review

An idle day at work means a lot of things to me. Today it means catching up on movies. Ok, don't gawk, I am allowed to watch movies in the office. Well, not like officially, but yeah, I can access all these sites which invite you, rather comple you to indulge your senses. I gave in and watched a movie called 'Silver Linings Playbook.'


 

Cast includes the ooh so sexy Bradley Cooper (how can somebody be so delicious!) and the quite hot Jennifer Lawrence. Well, to top it all, there is the baap, Robert Di Niro, well, as the daddy, Sr. Pat Solitano. 

Now, Bradley, nee Jr. Pat has Bipolar disorder. Don't know what that is? c'mon, Google it.

So, our sexy looking Pat (Bradley) gets out of a loony bin (a mental institution) and stays with his parents. Why did he end up there? He tried to kill his wife's lover when he found them making out in the shower! So silly and so slippery!

Anyway, Pat begins a new life but Nikki (his ex-wife) keeps marauding his memories. He keeps thinking about how to get  back with her. Cue for the lady love to walk in. Waltzes in Lawrence, in her crazier-than-you kind of avataar.

She promptly falls in love with Pat and so does he. But, the director told him to act dumb, so he realizes his love for her only at the end. Anyway, there is Anupam Kher as well in the movie, as the oh-so-empathetic Dr. Patel. For some strange reason, Pat keeps calling him Jones, whereas Anupam Kher introduces himself as Dr. Cliff Patel.

So, Di Niro is a great Philadelphia Eagles fan. He is kind of superstitious and realizes that Jr. Pat is a lucky charm for him. He gets into illegal bookmarking to make some money after he loses his job. His wife Dolores looks quite nice.

Well, so Di Niro coaxes Jr. Pat to watch the matches with him and Eagles win. Di Niro is thrilled. The film runs parallely between Pat picking up the pieces of his life by bonding with his father and brother and experimenting with a relationship with Jennifer. The chemistry is awesome. Jennifer looks smashing in the dance scenes. I was wondering if she had taken ballet lessons. Oh, and, Julia Stiles looks quite mean, but I guess her role demanded that kind of look. So, I pardon her.

Nikki looks quite average, you know, how these ex-wives look. So, I was thrilled that Pat didnt keep mooning over the sad-looking Nikki and chose to go with the hot-and-sexy Lawrence. so, end of the movie, I am so thrilled, I chose to write about it. I think it is a must watch. Especially if you have a thing for the five o'clock, umm maybe a bit more, of a beard on men. I think Bradley Cooper looks awesome.

I rate the movie 4/5. 


  

Comments

  1. 'Beard on men' is oh so sexy esp. if it is a part of salt n pepper look. Wow! Nice read. My next to-see movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this movie on my return flight to India! I loved it too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Nice review gal.... keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Nithya ,
    I saw this on a flight too ..it truly was my kind of movie ...in the Dubai dallas leg ...I repearted it twice over ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts