Blogathon: March 16, 2017 | Badrinath Ki Dulhania: A Review


Amma, Appa, and I decided to catch a late-night movie. Family night out, it had to be...I had made up my mind. It had to be Badrinath Ki Dulhania. Yep! Full on masala flick. Amma, Appa enjoyed the jokes and the easy camaraderie between the lead actors. Appa, who used to scowl at Bollywood films, like a good sport, munched on the popcorn we offered and laughed loudly at the jokes. The jokes were quite funny. Ok, let me confess. I love Varun Dhawan. Yes! I think he is cute and I (confession mode on!) have seen all his movies! Sigh! That was a relief.

So, Luxe Cinemas it was. Fun evening, lots of popcorn and cold coffees and easy conversations. After spending stressful days, it felt nice to chill with my life's first friends: Amma and Appa. Growing up, I never needed friends from my peer group. They were there to play with me and rebuke me when required. They are growing old now but they are still so adorable. And, this evening turned out to be so much fun. One small reason why I love Bollywood. Unashamedly. I grew up in Calcutta and listening to Kishore Kumar and munching on samosa was considered normal. I became a pseudo-intellectual after landing in Chennai. Do I miss Calcutta? Hmm, I do sometimes. But, one has to move on. We three have moved on. I think Appa misses those days, sometimes. Anyway, I hope we keep having more of these family outings. 

What's my reaction to BKD, you ask? Hmm...I loved it. It is a fun watch. 
"North mei kabhi rahe hain, toh jaroor dekhiyega. Badhiya fillum hai. Humko toh bahute maja aaya." 

Alia Bhatt is a natural and Varun is very good.

Comments

  1. Bollywood masala flicks ke toh hum fan hain hi... Zaroor dekhenge. Loads of love to the most chilled parents. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defining LOVE for the Chennai audience :)

Nithya Suresh Kaun Hai?

Being All Parts